To help keep your jewellery in beautiful sparkling condition we recommend you follow these suggestions…
· Make sure you remove jewellery when you shower or bathe, and particularly when you swim in the sea or in chlorinated water as this can easily tarnish silver, and damage laminate and gold-plated pieces permanently.
· Put your perfume on before you put on your jewellery and avoid direct contact with any creams, lotions or potions.
· Avoid any contact with bleach or other harsh chemicals.
· High humidity can also speed the oxidising process.
· Gently cleaning polished shiny pieces with a soft polish cloth is an effective way to refresh your jewellery. A liquid ‘silver dip’ can also be used although never leave the jewellery to sit in the liquid and always wash off thoroughly with plenty of running water.
· Any gold-plated pieces will benefit from extra careful attention, as the gold is a layer over the surface of the silver and can be damaged.
· Use a warm soapy solution and a soft cloth to clean these pieces but do not use any abrasive substances as this can wear away the layer of gold.
· We do offer a jewellery cleaning, refinishing, and if required re-plating service - please contact us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org
· When you are not wearing your jewellery it is best stored separately in ziplock plastic bags, or wrapped in acid free tissue paper or a pouch – being careful how you put it in! This will help to protect it from oxidising in the air, and also scratches, scuffs and tangles with other items.